Sunday 12 February 2012

The good and the bad

When I woke up this morning I had a text from my boy Picnic back home saying that Whitney Houston had died. There were some people who were upset and others shocked. Bad times.

Our friends whose placements are in Kamuli and Kayunga have been here this weekend to visit. So we showed them what Iganga has to offer, which was fun. The beer out here is Nile Special lager. All i'm going to say is that it is strong! This is the first weekend that I have spent in Iganga so far, the other two have been in Jinja. This place is seriously wicked. I want to try and describe it but I don't know how. When we came out of our compund today to walk to town there were lots and lots of people standing on the sides of the streets. There was a bike race going on, it was like the Tour de France with the peleton and the sragglers at the back being cheered on.

This coming week should be busy with our two different events and also the painting of our Youth Resource Center. I will be taking pictures for sure and I will upload them so all can see.

RIP Whitney.
x