Thursday 2 February 2012

More pictures!

 So I thought I would add some pictures so that people can see what I have been up to for the last two weeks. These pictures are from when I moved to Iganga up until now.

This is the t-shirts that we got given to wear to work. They said its very relaxed dress code but they are good for going into the field when representing the CSO. People think we look like holiday reps or chicken shop workers. I

This was moving in day. These are the apertments where we are staying and as you can see we are in the process of moving furniture and matresses into them.

This is where we do our cooking near the entrance to the compound. There are some national and international volunteers here.

This is how we cook. On a charcoal stove with a couple of pans. Its basic but it does produce yummy food.

This is me and Flavia at work in the office of our CSO. I'm at work and she is reading a newspaper!

This is an amazing restaurant near our office. It does rice and goat for aroun 75p. I just love the simplicity of it. No fancy dining here.

This is what the town of Iganga looks like. Very little vegetation and very dusty. All along the sides of the road is shops and stools.

This is Theo (left) and Tom (right) during cooking. Good guys.

This is the first meal that me and Tom cooked. You can see inside our living room. I got mash in my hand. We cooked, mash, rice and a side of cabbage and onions. Mmmmm.