Saturday 4 February 2012

Spending the weekend in Jinja.

So today I have moved from Iganga to Jinja. It's about an hours journey on the bus. Some of the other volunteers in the project are based here so I thought I would come and see how they are doing and have a nice catch up with a cold Nile special lager. Jinja is totally different to Iganga, it is full of vegetation and a bit more modern. There are lots of bars here which show the football especially the 3pm kick off games that aren't on television in England. The streets are big and empty to the north of the city, which is where I am based for today and tomorrow which means the best method of transport is Boda-bodas. They are motorcycles and for 1000 shillings (30p) they will transport you around. They are really fun to just ride around town on.

I am going to attempt to watch the Superbowl on Sunday evening although because of time differences it doesn't start till 4am! I will try though. I will post on Monday more about my placement and put some more pictures up for y'all to see.

Aram.