Friday 17 February 2012

Sports morning!

So I am writing this post chilling out after an exhausting (in a good way) sports morning. I am relaxing in Sol Cafe a muzungu hotspot. I have another event to run at 4pm today in a school where we are delivering a talk on Sexual Reproductive Health and then facilitating an afternoon of volleyball and netball. This morning's sports event was for the out of school youths. Tom and I played in a team made up of volunteers and youths against the local football team. Unfortunately we lost 2-0 but the worst part of it is the heat. Trying to play football for an hour with little water in 30 degrees heat is hard. I don't know ho anyone was still running about afterwards. After the sports event we kept all the youths and football teams  together so that we could run a session that included condom demonstrations and sti teaching. Overall it was a success. Here are some pictures from it.

This is the local football team that we played against. Boys have got skillz.

This is Tom and I at half time. Taking in our glucose ready for the second half. Look at that beard!

Action shot of the football pitch. I was put on the right wing because of my searing pace and silky skillz.

This is after the football match as the SRH lesson begins. Flyers were handed out and groups were formed to run through the session.


This is Sarah facilitating the SRH session. She is demonstrating how to put on a male condom to local youths.

This is Flavia and Brett talking to the football team about SRH, Great picture as it shows the Restless t-shirt at work!